Credit transfers and advanced standing
Skills recognition is not applicable to this course. CDU's short courses are highly targeted courses designed to help you improve a specific skill. They will help you improve your career prospects, maintain currency in your field, or allow you to try out something completely new.
VET to Higher Education Pathway Mapping for completed Awards in the same field or discipline.
2022 indicative fees for this course are $500.
Course information flyer(s)
Why study at CDU?
Whether you learn on campus or online, you will be studying with a proud multi-sector university that’s a leader in research and flexible study delivery. CDU is innovative, industry-relevant and student-centred. Our students are at the heart of all that we do.
- Benefit from smaller class sizes for more personalised attention
- Online learners receive the same support as their on-campus peers
- Enjoy inclusive, welcoming learning environments
- Utilise our deep connections with industry, businesses and communities in the Northern Territory, across Australia, and beyond
What will I study?
Students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion.
The total Nominal Hours for this training program is 20.
|Code||Module/Unit of Competency||Hours|
|UNITS OF COMPETENCY|
|CPCPWT4023||Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices||20|
|Total nominal hours for the training program||20|
Pre-requisite units for CPCPWT4023 are:
- CPCPCM2043 Carry out WHS requirements
- CPCPWT3022 Install and commission water heating systems and adjust controls and devices
To gain entry into, VTP407 - Thermostatic Mixing Valves (TMV) Devices candidates require:
- Certificate III in Plumbing or industry equivalent or NT Journeyman Plumber Drainer Registration
- NT White Card
- Completed the following pre-requisite units for CPCPWT4023:
- CPCPCM2043 Carry out WHS requirements
- CPCPWT3022 Install and commission water systems and adjust controls and devices
- It is advised to have a moderate level of language, literacy and numeracy to undertake this course
To ensure you have the right skills and support to succeed in your course, a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) evaluation helps identify any areas where you may need additional support to help you achieve your goals.
English language requirements
The people-first approach to flexibility and supportive learning environment at CDU meant I could find a balance with study, work and family life.
This is a non-award course and a Statement of Attainment will be issued for nationally recognised units of competency successfully completed.
Location and study mode
Delivery at all locations is subject to sufficient demand and resources.
Study Mode: On campus
Subject to demand other locations and modes may become available throughout the year.
|Email:Student.Central@cdu.edu.au. Phone: (08) 8946 7766 or 1800 061 963 (free call).|
You make CDU
Together we are a positive force for change in our communities and the world.
How to apply
How to apply direct to CDU
Applications to CDU must be submitted online.
You will need a valid email address to create your online account.
Once you have started the application you will have the option of saving your application and resuming it at a later date.
There is no application fee when you apply online.
Find a CDU agent partner to help you apply
Applicants may seek further information about international education in Australia from theAustralian Government Department of Education and Training or from our overseas / external representatives.
To help with the process, we've compile a list of authorised representatives.
Not sure if you are a domestic or international student?
That's OK - it can be a little tricky to know the difference.
To help you out, we've put together a guide to answer any questions you might have.
Things like the difference between domestic and international students or the difference between course types like VET and undergraduate.