The Undergraduate Certificate Introduction to Teacher Education is a 6-month, 100% online course that equips you with core skills in pedagogy and offers a taste of studying a teaching degree. It is a direct pathway into related higher education courses, should you wish to qualify as a teacher.
Apply by 26 February to save 20% on course fees for 2021.*
During this course you will learn about pedagogical, professional and disciplinary knowledge in teaching and education. The course is designed to support your learning needs and develop your study skills.
On completing the Undergraduate Certificate Introduction to Teacher Education, you'll be eligible to use the credits you've gained towards further study of a:
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-12 Years)
- Bachelor of Education Primary
- Bachelor of Education Secondary
- Diploma of Educational Studies.
Advanced standing will be granted in these degrees for some or all of the subjects you have successfully completed. If further study is your intention, be sure to check the requirements of your preferred undergraduate degree to determine how many credits you can transfer.
* Discounted course fees for Undergraduate Certificates are only available to domestic students who apply by 26 February 2021 and enrol in Semester 1 2021. Refer to the fees tab for more information.
Note: On current advice the Undergraduate Certificate must be completed by the end of 2021.