Business & Government
- Vice-Chancellor's International High Achievers Scholarships
- International House Darwin Accommodation Scholarship
- Tuition fee discount for siblings
- Australian Government Scholarships
- DIKTI Scholarship Awardees
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
- Australian Leadership Award
- ACER International Student Scholarship - Business
- Frans Seda English Language Scholarships (Indonesian Students only)
- US AID
CDU offers a 50% tuition fee scholarships for full-fee paying high academic achievers commencing study at CDU in 2013.
The 50% discount applies to the tuition fees for the full duration of any undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit. Applications for students commencing in Semester 2, 2013 (July intake) close on 31 May 2013.
Eligibility and Conditions:
- Demonstrate an overall grade average of 75% in previous relevant studies and qualifications.
- This offer does not extend to students who already hold a full scholarship from an Australian or foreign sponsoring agency.
- Satisfy the English language requirements for admission to the CDU degree.
- Commence degree study at CDU in Semester 2, 2013.
- This scholarship will be paid each semester.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress each semester at a Credit average (60 – 74%).
- The scholarship is neither transferrable for cash, nor refundable and cannot be transferred to another person, course or year.
- Applicant must be on student visa.
How to apply:
- Student must apply for admission into CDU as an international student at 'How do I apply?'
- Students must complete the Application Form (.pdf, 57kb) and submit it before 31 May, 2013.
- Students will be notified on 14th June, 2013.
- They will then need to follow the procedure as outlined by the Department of Immigration & Citizenship for obtaining a student visa in their home country.
- Vice-Chancellor's International High Achievers Scholarships Application Form (.pdf, 57kb)
These scholarships are competitive and meeting the minimum requirements described above does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship. All applicants who meet the minimum conditions will be included in the selection process.
The decision of the selection panel is final and no review or re-assessment will be conducted.
Charles Darwin University, through International House Darwin (IHD), offers a number of $2000 on-campus accommodation scholarships for full-fee paying international students commencing study at CDU in 2013.
The scholarships will be awarded on merit to students that can best demonstrate their ability to make a positive contribution to the International House Darwin community.
Applications for Semester 2, 2013 close on 15 June, 2013
Eligibility and Conditions:
- have paid the required IHD rental deposit prior to submitting this application form;
- be a valid student visa holder for the period of the IHD accommodation scholarship;
- not hold a scholarship from an Australian or foreign sponsoring agency;
- not be an Exchange student, Intern or Navitas English student;
- submit the application form no later than 15 June, 2013;
- be newly arrived in Darwin to commence for the first time as an enrolled international student of the University in Semester 2, 2013;
- assist the IHD Activities Co-ordinator in organising at least 2 events for the IHD community during the scholarship period;
- agree that the IHD Accommodation Scholarship will be paid in four instalment of $500 during the semester to the students IHD account, subject to satisfactory participation within the IHD community;
- comply with IHD and CDU rules and regulations;
- accept that the scholarship is neither transferrable for cash, no refundable and cannot be transferred to another person, or semester;
- accept that the IHD Accommodation Scholarships are competitive and applicants who meet the eligibility criteria cannot be guaranteed a scholarship. All applications who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered by the selection panel.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and will not be reviewed.
How to apply:
Students must complete the Application Form and submit it before 15 June, 2013.
CDU offers a 10% tuition fee discount for siblings.
- The discount applies only to second and subsequent siblings
- The applicant must provide satisfactory evidence to prove the sibling relationship
- The siblings do not need to study concurrently
- This scholarship will be paid to the second and subsequent sibling each semester
- The scholarship is neither transferrable for cash, nor refundable and cannot be transferred to a non-sibling
- Applicant must be on a student visa.
How to apply:
- Students must complete the Application Form (.pdf, 38kb).
Charles Darwin University provides undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses for AusAID Australian Development Scholarship (ADS) students and for Australian Partnerships Scholarship Students (APS).
Please note: APS scholarships are exclusive to Indonesian students.
ADS and APS students enjoy the support services offered to all international students, plus:
- Support from the university’s designated AusAID Officer
- A special Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
- Additional tuition support as recommended by academic staff
For more information about the support services available to ADS applicants, read through OIS's AusAid applicants webpage.
For further information and how to apply for an APS scholarship, visit: www.apsprogram.or.id.
For information about scholarships, fellowships, awards and other sources of funding for study and/or research available through the Department of Education Science and Training (DEST), visit: http://www.australiaawards.gov.au/.
Charles Darwin University welcomes applications for Master by Research and PhD degrees from DIKTI scholarship awardees and offers the following additional scholarships to recipient:
- 10 weeks of free Academic English language tuition
- A tuition fee waiver for a third year of study for Master by Research (conditions apply)
- A tuition fee waiver for a fourth year of study for PhD (conditions apply)
For further information and how to apply for these scholarships, please download the Special Offer for Indonesian Government DIKTI PhD Scholarship Awardees flyer.
The IPRS program enables outstanding international students to undertake a research Masters or a PhD in areas of research strength at Australian universities and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. Funded by the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE), the IPRS provides tuition fees and compulsory overseas student health cover (OSHC) for scholarship holders and health cover for dependents.
Scholarships are open to all international students and are available for a period of two years for a research Masters and three years for a PhD, with a possible extension where academic circumstances merit.
Applications for IPRS at Charles Darwin University close on 30 September each year. Applicants must complete the CDU International Application for Research Studies and submit it together with all the required documentation and a research proposal to arrive in the CDU Office of International Services NO LATER THAN 30 SEPTEMBER for admission in the following year. There is no separate scholarship application form.
NOTE: The IPRS awards are extremely competitive. In 2010, 2 IPRS Scholarships were available, for approximately 40 applicants.
CDU participates in the Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) to provide high quality masters and doctorate degree programs to current and future leaders from the Asia Pacific region.
ALA scholarships cover tuition costs and a living allowance and are allocated on a competitive basis. Applications for the scholarship close on the 31 July for study in the following year. Students must have a conditional offer of a place at CDU before applying for the scholarship.
Find out further information about the ALA scholarship and the application process.
The Australian Council for Education Research (ACER) is to fund a generous scholarship for an international student commencing undergraduate studies in a Business Faculty/School of an Australian university in 2014.
For more information about the conditions of the Scholarship, detailed information and how to apply, please visit: www.acer.edu.au/aiss
In honour of the former Northern Territory Representative in Indonesia, Mr Frans Seda AM, the Territory Government has established a scholarship program for suitable Indonesian candidates, to improve their English language proficiency prior to undertaking undergraduate, postgraduate and/or research study at Charles Darwin University (CDU).
Applications are open for 2013.
There will be three rounds of offers with selection occurring at the end of March, June and September.
For further information and how to apply for this scholarship, please download the Frans Seda English Language Scholarship flyer (pdf 149KB).