For further information please contact Student Central
- T: (08) 8946 7766
- 1800 061 963 (freecall)
- Advanced Standing
- Class timetables
- Course progression
- Fees and payments
- CDU Scholarships
- Careers and employment
- Disability services
- National Disability Coordination Officer (NDCO)
- Information for CDU staff
- Assignment and Study skills help
- Concerns and complaints
- External Student Support (ESS)
- Financial and other assistance
- Information Technology Support
- Learnline student support
For further information please contact the Office of Research and Innovation
- T: (08) 8946 6090
- F: (08) 8946 7066
Business & Government
Charles Darwin University offers a range of scholarships to International students, as well as information about other types of Australian Scholarships available. Find out more on the links below.
CDU offers a limited number of 25% and 50% tuition fee scholarships for international students who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement. The tuition scholarships apply to the tuition fees for the full duration of an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree. The scholarships are awarded on demonstrated academic merit and are available to students seeking to commence a degree at CDU in Semester 1, 2015.
Eligibility and Conditions
Eligible applicants must:
- A demonstrated record of academic excellence and high achievement in previous relevant studies and qualifications
- Must meet the University's academic and English entry requirement
- An unconditional offer (SVP cleared) of admission to the degree at CDU for Semester 1, 2015
- Not hold a scholarship from an Australian or foreign sponsoring agency
- Submitted a completed application for the scholarship by 30 November 2014 for commencement in Semester 1, 2015
Conditions of the Scholarship
Scholarship conditions are:
- Students must commence studies in Semester 1, 2015
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress each semester in the degree at CDU, at a Credit average or better (65 – 75%) and with no fail grade in any subject
- The tuition fee scholarship will be applied directly upon enrolment each semester
- Students must pay the remaining balance of their tuition on or before the start of each semester
- The scholarship is neither transferrable for cash, nor refundable and cannot be transferred to another person, course or year
- Students must abide by the CDU (Student of the University) By-laws
How to apply
Download the Vice-Chancellor's International High Achiever's Scholarship Application Form (pdf 59KB)and submit with your application for admission to a degree program at CDU.
Please note: the VCIHAS scholarships are very competitive and meeting the minimum eligibility standards described above does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship. All applicants who meet the minimum eligibility standards will be included in the selection process. The decision of the University selection panel is final.
CDU offers a 10 percent tuition fee discount for siblings.
- Applicant must be on a student visa
- The applicant must provide satisfactory evidence to prove the sibling relationship
- The discount applies only to second and subsequent siblings
- The siblings do not need to study concurrently
- This scholarship will be paid to the second and subsequent sibling each semester
- The scholarship is neither transferrable for cash, nor refundable and cannot be transferred to a non-sibling
How to apply
Students must complete the International Student Sibling Tuition Fee Discount application form (pdf 38KB).
Charles Darwin University provides Undergraduate, Postgraduate and research courses for AusAID Australian Development Scholarship (ADS) students.
ADS students enjoy the support services offered to all international students, plus:
- support from the university's designated AusAID Officer
- a special Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
- additional tuition support as recommended by academic staff
For more information about the support services available to ADS applicants, read through OIS's AusAid applicants webpage.
For information about scholarships, fellowships, awards and other sources of funding for study and/or research available through the Department of Education Science and Training (DEST), visit the Australia Awards website.
Charles Darwin University welcomes applications for Master by Research and PhD degrees from DIKTI scholarship awardees and offers the following additional scholarships to recipient:
- 10 weeks of free Academic English language tuition
- a tuition fee waiver for a third year of study for Master by Research (conditions apply)
- a tuition fee waiver for a fourth year of study for PhD (conditions apply)
For further information and how to apply for these scholarships, please download the Special Offer for Indonesian Government DIKTI PhD Scholarship Awardees flyer (pdf 1.3MB).
CDU participates in the Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) to provide high quality masters and doctorate degree programs to current and future leaders from the Asia Pacific region.
ALA scholarships cover tuition costs and a living allowance and are allocated on a competitive basis. Applications for the scholarship close on the 31 July for study in the following year. Students must have a conditional offer of a place at CDU before applying for the scholarship.
Visit the Australia Awards website to find out further information about the ALA scholarship and the application process.
The following information has been provided as a useful starting point for students from the US, Canada and India who are seeking financial assistance through international financial aid programs to assist with costs associated with studying at Charles Darwin University.
Federal student loans
Charles Darwin University is a 'Deferment Only' institution from 1st January 2013 and therefore no longer certifies US Federal Loans such as loans applied for under the Direct Loan Program (DLP) or the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).
Charles Darwin University can approve deferments for students who have already received US Federal Student Loans. If you have in the past received a US Federal Student Loan and you are enrolled at Charles Darwin University, you can apply to defer repayment of those loans. Please contact your lender for the appropriate deferment form and submit this with your request to the US Financial Aid Officer in OIS.
Below are some useful resources to assist you:
- US Federal Reade Commission Sydent Loans information - for information about private loans and consolidation as well as advice on recognising deceptive loan practices
- American Student Assistance (ASA) website - while ASA no longer provides loans to US students at Charles Darwin University, they do have a wide range of resources to help manage your loans.
Canadian and Indian students
Global Education Management Services (GEMS) partners with highly regarded and experienced financing companies to provide the best in loan options for students from Canada and India who are pursuing their education outside of their home countries.
Please be reminded that any funds you receive as part of any loan must be repaid. Understanding your rights and responsibilities are very important to know before signing up with any loan provider.
For any additional information, please contact the US Financial Aid Officer in OIS
P: 08 8946 6048