The eduroam service allows university staff and students to access the internet via wireless networks at CDU and other participating universities without the need to obtain or create a new account at the host institution. By using a modified version of your CDU username and password (see table below for details) and your laptop, you will be able to access the internet.
CDU Staff and Students
To connect to eduroam, you will need to use the username and your normal CDU password. A minor difference is that you will need to add @cdu.edu.au to it, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or if you’re a student, email@example.com.
If you don’t have a CDU username contact your supervisor or Student Central.
Ensure you are using the username assigned to you by CDU followed by @menzies.edu.au, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t have a CDU username contact the Menzies HR team for assistance.
When you first want to connect a wireless device to eduroam you will need to open your wireless configuration panel and select "eduroam" as the wireless network you want to connect to. This will open up a configuration panel where you will need to put your username and password. Eduroam uses a slightly different username than you would expect. (See the table below)
Note: For CDU staff, this is not the same as your email address although they look similar.
Use the following credentials when prompted:
|Password||current CDU password||current CDU password|
Note: If you plan on using eduroam away from CDU, make sure you connect your device to eduroam at a CDU campus prior to departing. This should reduce your chances of connection difficulties at other institutions. Eduroam uses the CDU settings even at other non-CDU locations.
Should the standard settings on your device not work, refer to the section below "Detailed eduroam settings".
During setup, eduroam may install a 'profile' onto your device.
This can be removed in the following locations:
iPhone / iPad:
- Home Screen > Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- Tap on Configuration Profile > Eduroam
- Scroll down and tap on Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen (you may be prompted to enter your PIN)
Macbook / iMac:
- System Preferences > Profiles
- In the new window that opens, look for 'eduroam' on the list to the left.
- Click on the eduroam profile followed by the '-' to remove the profile.
|Access Point Authentication||WPA2/AES|
|EAP Type + Authentication Protocol||PEAP + MSCHAP v2|
|Usernameemail@example.com (CDU staff)|
firstname.lastname@example.org (CDU Students)
email@example.com (Menzies Staff)
Please note: This is not the same as your email address.
|Password||Your normal computer login password|
- CDU and Menzies staff, CDU students visiting other participating institutions who require wireless connectivity to the Internet.
- Visitors to a CDU campus from other participating institutions who require wireless connectivity to the Internet.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing eduroam please visit the IT Kiosk located in Red 1.1.20 on the Casuarina Campus or contact our ITMS Service Desk using the details below.
T: 08 8946 6600