There are several ways to meet the admission requirements for undergraduate courses at CDU. It doesn’t matter if you have just finished Year 12 or if you haven’t studied in years.
You will meet the admission requirements if you have completed one of the following:
- Successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (or equivalent) and, the awarding of an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 60 after any applicable ATAR Adjustments have been applied.
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate IV level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 years of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
- Attainment of a STAT Multiple Choice score of 135 (or a score of 145 if prior to May 2010).
- Successful completion of the Tertiary Enabling Program, the ACIKE Preparation for Tertiary Success courses, or another recognised tertiary preparation course.
- Submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience.
Some courses are more competitive than others, and while the minimum ATAR for admission is 60, these courses may cut off at a higher score. Check the course detail page of your chosen course to check the ATAR requirements.
Bachelor of Clinical Science
It is expected that applicants will need to achieve an ATAR of 90 or above, or 85 for Indigenous students (after the addition of any Universities Equity Scheme) to be competitive for a place in this course. Ranking for offers of places will be based on an entry score combining ATAR (90%), and Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) - derived score (10%).
All courses in the field of education
Applicants must complete a non-academic assessment to demonstrate their motivation to teach, strong interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to learn, resilience, and strong organisational and planning skills.