The benefits of VET to your business
Invest in the future of your business with CDU VET. You can upskill or reskill staff so that you can be ahead in your industry and stay up-to-date with the latest knowledge and skills.
VET is designed to support industry workforces by delivering relevant, flexible and innovative training. Your employees will gain nationally-recognised qualifications that have long-term value for your business.
To find out more about the CDU VET courses on offer, visit Find a course.
Hire an apprentice or trainee
Australian Apprenticeships include both trainees and apprentices who are collectively called Australian Apprentices.
No matter what industry your business is in, there are a range of benefits of hiring an apprentice or trainee:
- tackle current and future skill gaps by tailoring apprenticeships to specific job roles
- grow talent and develop a motivated and skilled workforce
- it's cost-effective - apprentices and trainees have lower pay rates while they are working towards their qualification
- you can access employer incentives - as an employer, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Australian Government to help with hiring an apprentice
- help the community by getting individuals involved in industry training.
What's the difference between an apprenticeship and traineeship?
Both apprenticeships and traineeships provide industry-based learning and pay a wage, but are often different in their duration and the training areas they offer.
- Apprenticeships are mainly available for trade based roles (eg electrical, plumbing and automotive)
- Apprenticeships usually take three to four years to complete.
- Trainees are usually trained in vocational areas (eg business administration, information technology, tourism and hairdressing)
- Traineeships usually take a few months to a year to complete.
How to find an apprentice or trainee
To find an apprentice or trainee for your business:
- visit GTNT Employers or
- call the GTNT Group - Australian Apprenticeships Support Network (AASN) on (08) 8935 8200.
Learner Support Services for your apprentice or trainee
CDU is dedicated to helping students complete their VET course and learn as much as possible during their studies.
The Learner Support Service (LSS) is a team of VET Lecturers who work closely with students to identify their study and training challenges. The team will work with students to develop strategies to overcome those challenges so that they can progress with their training.
If you think your apprentice or trainee might need learner support, please contact LSS for more information.