The CDU off-campus accommodation service is designed to assist new and continuing students and staff to search for appropriate accommodation while studying or working at CDU. We offer a FREE and confidential service providing information and advice on housing options, tenancy advice and support and assistance with accommodation problems.
StudyStays is our online student accommodation noticeboard.
You can find rental properties and also advertise your property.
Make an appointment with the Off-Campus Accommodation Officer to discuss possible options prior to your arrival.
They are unable to book accommodation on your behalf, however, they can help you find suitable housing options.
You are also welcome to contact local real estate agents for listings of other rental properties.
Please note: the University cannot take responsibility for the information provided by external organisations.
Read our accommodation brochure for more information.
UniLodge Darwin student accommodation is a convenient option for students studying at Casuarina, Palmerston or Darwin Waterfront. It neighbours the Casuarina Shopping Centre and is only a five-minute walk to the Casuarina campus.
Unilodge has the following features:
- great recreation room with pool tables and table tennis
- large media room with 70inch LED TV
- outdoor terrace with BBQs
- study rooms on every level
- situated on Darwin's largest shopping precinct, Casuarina Shopping Centre.
UniLodge Darwin is a purpose-built student accommodation building, offering residents a large range of room options at different rates.
For more information, please visit UniLodge Darwin or call the UniLodge concierge on +61 8 8942 0706.
Check out the accommodation brochure for more information.
Things to consider before renting
Before committing to anything
When looking for off-campus accommodation, consider the following:
- which campus will you be studying at?
- will you be using public transport?
- what length of tenancy do you require?
- what is your budget/price range? Please be aware that due to Darwin’s remoteness and high demand for rental accommodation it has a higher rent than most places in Australia.
- rental references from previous landlords written in English may increase your chances of being accepted for a rental property. Real estate agents will call your referees. If you do not have rental references, personal references such as those from previous employers may be accepted by landlords.
- all off-campus accommodation is privately owned and is not controlled by CDU. You may consider asking a friend to send you information and prices of accommodation prior to arrival to give you more of an idea, but do not commit to a property on a friend's advice.
Important information about off-campus accommodation
Off-campus accommodation is not controlled by Charles Darwin University. Quality, conditions and convenience will vary greatly.
To protect yourself against scams or inappropriate accommodation:
- do not pay for or sign a contract for accommodation unless you have seen the property first. You may stand to lose a considerable amount of money and/or you may find that the accommodation is not suitable
- inspect the property before signing anything
- keep copies of all correspondence, bank details and the listing itself.
Be aware of internet accommodation scams that are occurring.
External off-campus accommodation options
Looking for more information?
Read more about accommodations options (PDF, 3.55 MB), what you need to know before choosing a rental property, who to talk to and how to apply.
Still want to chat with someone?
T: +61 8 8946 6591
T: +61 8 8946 6591
T: +61 8 8946 6591
T: +61 8 8946 6228