What is the Teaching Capabilities Statement?
- A short statement in response to three set questions used to demonstrate suitability for study and work in the teaching profession.
- Submitted during applications made via SATAC from August 2018.
- Compulsory for all individuals applying to Initial Teacher Education courses.
- Individuals or agents acting on their behalf will be able to save a draft of the statement and can submit the statement after submitting their SATAC application.
- One statement can be submitted per application and once submitted, the statement cannot be modified.
- Applications will not be considered for Initial Teacher Education courses until the statement is submitted.
- If choosing to copy and paste a statement from another source, SATAC advises the applicant / agent check for any potential formatting or spelling errors before submitting the statement, as it will not be possible to update a statement once submitted.