This unit focuses on developing students' academic literacies.
Through this unit you will begin to develop the skills and confidence to think critically, research, read, write and present ideas in a range of modes. This is achieved through the articulation of an academically credible understanding of a central theme, sustainability, which significantly impacts our lives in the 21st century.
As part of the development of your academic literacies, you'll build on your awareness of the skills and requirements for success at university.
You may receive credit transfer for CUC100 if one of the following applies to you:
- You have already completed the unit, or equivalent unit, in another course.
- You have completed a Higher Education award at AQF Level 5 or above (other than a nested course).
- You have completed the equivalent of 80 credit points towards a Higher Education award at another HE Provider at AQF Level 6 or above.
- You have completed a VET award at AQF Level 4 or above, and the Common Unit Theme Leader has determined that the learning outcomes attained are equivalent.
- You have successfully completed the first year, or more, of another undergraduate degree.
- You have achieved a credit or above in the Academic Language and Learning unit and the Tertiary Computing unit from the Tertiary Enabling Program (TEP).
- You have achieved a minimum or 65% overall, as well as for your essay and exam, in the Navitas Academic English 3 course.
- As a Year 12 graduate enrolling in a CDU Higher Education course, you have completed your Research Project B assessment and oral presentation to the satisfaction of the Common Units Theme Leader.
- As an Essington Senior College student you have achieved a credit or higher in CUC100E.