The Energy and Resources Institute (ERI) provides high-quality research and consultancy for all aspects of energy and resources, including engineering, scientific, economic, environmental, social, community, legal, policy and digital considerations.
The scope of ERI includes:
- fossil-based and renewable energy
- mineral resources
- digitisation of energy and resources
- energy materials
- process safety, including fire and explosion safety
- corrosion engineering in the energy and resources sector
- environment protection and social mandate to operate.
Centre for Renewable Energy
The Centre for Renewable Energy (CRE) was established through a partnership between CDU and the Northern Territory Government. CRE works to promote the Territory’s renewable-energy sector and to provide leadership on the deployment of renewable energy and low emissions and energy-efficient technologies.
CRE brings together researchers to work in multidisciplinary teams. We're currently focused on the development of technologies for the efficient conversion of waste-to-energy, effective maintenance of solar PV systems and efficient hybrid renewable energy systems.
Advanced Manufacturing Alliance
CDU has partnered with SPEE3D to form the Advanced Manufacturing Alliance, a joint initiative that utilises a world-first 3D metal printing technology.
Through collaboration, the Alliance will aim to engage with industry partners, trades and academics to:
- develop real-world applications
- create industry procedures and standards
- drive material development.