Who are we and what do we do?
Check the slides below:
How can Peer Advisors support you?
Peer-to-Peer Appointments (PPAs)
Need help understanding your assignments or ensuring you're on the right track? Our Peer Advisors are available for one-on-one Peer-to-Peer Appointments to help you with a range of units across all disciplines and faculties. They'll provide valuable insights, clarify doubts, and offer guidance to help you succeed in your academic pursuits.
Below are the units supported in Semester 1:
To make an appointment to see a Peer Advisor, choose one of the links below according to your faculty.
Make an appointment to:
Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
Join our Peer Advisors in PASS sessions for selected units. These collaborative sessions, scheduled in weeks 3, 6, 9, and 12 of each semester, focus on preparing you for assignments and exams. This is a unique opportunity to review content with your peers in a safe, lecturer and tutor-free environment. Feel free to ask anything and make the most of this supportive community.
The following units are supported by PASS in Semester 1, 2024.
- CUC106 - Design and Innovation
- ENV201 - Introductory Ecology
- ELT102 - Introduction to Teaching and Learning
- EST203 - First Nations Contexts in Learning and Teaching Practice
- HIT234 - Database Concepts
- IAS123 - Sociological Perspectives
- LWZ115 - Legal Process
- PSY150 - Introduction to Psychology A
- QAB105 - Quantitative Analysis of Business
- SBI171 - Anatomy and Physiology
- SBI241 - Pathophysiology for Healthcare
- SBI242 - Pharmacology for Clinical Practice
- SMA104 - Concepts of Mathematics
- SWK101 - Introduction to Human Services
PASS follows an ‘opt-out’ model. If you are enrolled in one of the units supported by PASS, you will automatically be added to a Team on Microsoft Teams, which you can access from your CDU Portal. You can choose to leave the Team should you not want to participate in PASS.
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) is a service mark of the University of Missouri at Kansas City.
The PASS logo is Copyright: 2024 Australasian Centre for PASS, Griffith University, Australia.
For a more personalised experience, consider signing up for our peer mentoring service.
As a mentee, you'll be paired with a dedicated Peer Advisor who will check in with you every other week. This ongoing support ensures that you're progressing well in your studies and academic life. Don't hesitate to reach out to your assigned Peer Advisor anytime during the semester if you encounter difficulties.
If you'd like to sign up, click here.
What else you need to know...
Meet your Peer Advisors
Click on the information icon next to the pictures to learn more about our team of Peer Advisors.
Podcast: I wish I'd known that...
Students chat with former PASS Coordinator Andrew about their experience of starting University.
- Psychology student and former PASS Leader Rachel gives her top tips to new students
- Education student Daniel talks about his experience of returning to study.
- Medical student and PASS Leader Senuri gives her advice to new students.
- Local lad Luke chats with Andrew about the pitfalls of group work.
- Nursing student and PASS Leader Emory gives her best advice to new students.
- Andrew chats with nursing student and PASS Leader Kirsten.
- Marketing student and PASS Leader Zoe chats with Andrew about what she wishes she'd known.
- Accounting graduate Ben chats about how to make the most of the overseas student experience.
- Nepalese Accounting student and PASS Leader Gyanu relates his experiences as an overseas student.
- Law student and PASS Leader Mia chats about her passion for the law.
- PASS Leader Sam gives her top tips to new students.
- PASS Leader Patrick talks about his experience of studying law at CDU.
- Overseas student Jenny chats with Andrew about her experience of the LANTITE exam.