Espresso Yourself! Student sessions are hosted by Professor Helen Verran and are space for current CDU HDR students (and supervisors) to connect, gain support, and valuable academic advice.
2023 Session information
- Sessions run on the Fourth Wednesday of each month from 3.00-4.00 pm (ACST) from February to November 2023.
- If Darwin-based, we encourage you to join us in person at the Northern Institute (Yellow 1, Level 2, Room 48). Sessions are available online via Zoom for those who aren't near this locality.
- A different topic is presented each month. Light refreshments are provided.
- Only available for CDU HDR students and supervisors
How to join
- After registering, you will be approved and receive your confirmation email containing the meeting link.
- If you have any issues registering, please contact the Northern Institute's Research Support Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8946 7468.
Please register each month for the session you would like to attend either in person (via email) or online (through the same link).
'The new kid on the block' of global Research Higher Degree life: Open AI
Problems with Starting?
Who is your IDEAL reader?
Open topic - bring your own questions
What's your Data?
Thinking critically, talking and doing it together.
On-the-ground experience in postgraduate research
Analysis VS Interpretation
NOVEMBER (EOY Event)
This 28th edition of the journal is a special issue inquiring into Northern Australia. Edited by Prof Helen Verran, the edition features five papers written by doctoral students as they neared the end of their research higher degree candidature.Please join us for a discussion about the experience of publishing during HDR candidature facilitated by Helen Verran. The authors will each speak briefly about their articles and share their reflections.
The event will be held online and in the Savanna Room, Northern Institute. Please RSVP Light refreshments provided.
|Friday 1 December |
3 – 4 pm ACST