We aim to make positive differences to our communities, society and policy through applied, independent and robust research on the causes and consequences of population changes in the Northern Territory and beyond.
The Demography and Growth Planning team are experienced analysts, modellers and applied population experts. We are recognised nationally and internationally for our capabilities in the analysis of demographic and socio-economic data to explain and anticipate population dynamics shaping our societies, influencing our economies and affecting policies or service provision. We collaborate with stakeholders and clients, as well as peers and other universities in respectful partnerships.
- Unearthing drivers for population change
- Demographic modelling and forecasting
- Meaningful insights through surveys and their analysis
- Population data analysis, visualization and application
- Building organizational capacity for population analysis
- Providing expert advice on data applications
- Contributing to improvements in demographic data