Three tips for receiving a fast offer letter
Are you ready to start your Australian study journey and become a student at Charles Darwin University (CDU)?
Once you’ve chosen your course, checked the entry requirements and the application closing dates, you are ready to apply. You may be able to apply directly online, however the majority of CDU international students apply through an agent. Agents will facilitate the application process for you, and many will also help with your visa application.
Tip 1: Submit your application early
Pay attention to the application closing dates. Avoid the last-minute rush before the semester starts and apply as soon as you can. The further in advance you apply for CDU, the faster you will receive your offer letter.
Tip 2: Ensure your application is complete
By attaching all required documentation at the time you submit your application, you make sure there are no unnecessary barriers when it comes to processing your application. The documents required include:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport showing personal and visa details
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Certified copies of all transcripts of results, award certificates, grading systems and English translations (if required)
- Unit outlines with HE113 form if applying for credit transfer
- CV with academic and education details clearly indicating start and end dates
- A well-written Statement of Purpose
Tip 3: Write a strong Statement of Purpose
Your Statement of Purpose allows our team to quickly identify whether your application will need to be escalated to our senior admissions team. With a well-written, clearly articulated Statement of Purpose, you can reduce the time we spend processing your application.
Some things you may like to include in your Statement of Purpose include:
- Why you have chosen Australia as a study destination
- Why you have chosen to study at CDU
- Information regarding research you have done on similar programs taught in your home country
- Information regarding any gaps (period of time) between your studies and work employment
- Knowledge about your chosen program and how you believe the chosen program will increase your chances in the labour market in your home country and benefit your career growth
- Highlight the incentives to return back to your home country
With a successful application, you will receive an offer letter from CDU. We advise you to accept your offer as soon as possible to ensure we can issue your Confirmation of Enrolment. You will use this document to apply for a visa to study in Australia.