Andrea is an audiologist and speech pathologist. Her research interests span across clinical, ethical, and social aspects of audiology and allied healthcare education, with a focus on improving patient outcomes and supporting healthcare professionals. In 2020, she was awarded a NCSEHE Equity Fellowship in which she examined how universities and academic staff could support First Nations students into the allied health professions.
Current Ph.D. projects: -
Implementing trauma-informed care in Audiological Practice - Investigating access to psychosocial services for people with hearing loss
- Ethics, Moral Distress, and Clinical Burnout
- Inclusivity and Diversity in the allied health care workforce
- Supporting students studying allied health care through innovative curriculum design and assessment delivery
- Models of patient-informed care
- Unconscious bias in practitioners