Michaela is a Senior Research Fellow with the Northern Institute at Charles Darwin University. Her background is in environmental science, sociology, geography and Science and Technology Studies (STS). Her current research involves working from the ‘Ground Up’ with Indigenous knowledge authorities, and differing traditions of knowledge and governance. This involves collaborative research for policy development, and engaging with government, service providers, university staff and Indigenous people in remote communities. So far, this research has been focused on issues such as disaster resilience, emergency management, governance and leadership, remote engagement and coordination, volunteering and health.
- science and technology studies
- contemporary practices of knowledge and governance
- contemporary environmental policy and politics
- Indigenous research development
- collaborative services design
- public policy