Skip to main content
- Nominations are open to all domestic and international graduates of any Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 1 - 10 vocational education and training course and/or undergraduate or postgraduate program from Charles Darwin University or its predecessor institutions.
- Nominations can be made by anyone.
- An individual may nominate themselves.
- Alumni can only be nominated in one award category.
- Joint nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may request to be removed from the nomination process at any stage.
- If additional information is required, the nominator may be contacted.
- The University reserves the right to disclose the identity of the nominator to the nominee.
- Previous award recipients are not eligible for renomination in the same award category however, can be nominated in another category.
- Unsuccessful nominees may re-nominate in subsequent years.
- Nominators and nominees are required to keep the contents of their nominations confidential.
- Executive Leaders, College Deans and Heads of Department (Director and above) and Advancement Office staff are ineligible for CDU Alumni Awards.
- Nominations will be assessed by a selection panel, consisting of University staff.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The University reserves the right to withhold any award or decide not to make an award in any category, at its discretion.
- The number of awards allocated in each category will be at the discretion of the University.
- All shortlisted unsuccessful nominees will be notified of the outcome of their nomination. Nominators will also be contacted.
- The profiles of finalists and recipients (names, images, biography) may be published in any form of media in any context pertaining to the Awards and to the Charles Darwin University.
- No member of the judging panel may be nominated for an award, nor be a nominee’s referee.
- Awards will not be awarded posthumously unless otherwise determined by the University.
- Only one recipient will be selected for each award.
- All finalist and winners will be advised in writing and invited to the Alumni Awards Gala Dinner with their guests.
- Award recipients will be announced at the Alumni Awards Gala Dinner in October.
- Charles Darwin University reserves the rights to verify the identity of nominees at any time and may disqualify any person whose nomination is not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Charles Darwin University is free to accept entries which contain errors and omission at its discretion.