How do I find key dates for this year’s Alumni Awards?
- Key dates for the current Alumni Awards are published online at CDU Awards Webpage
When will Alumni Award recipients be announced?
- Award recipients for each category will be announced at an Alumni Awards gala function, currently scheduled to be held in Darwin on 21 October 2021. All nominees/nominators will be invited to attend. Information for this year’s gala function is published online when available at the CDU Alumni Awards webpage.
Whom should I contact for questions about the nomination form, the selection process or the Awards function?
How do I source information on a nominee if I do not know them personally?
- Information on a nominee can often be sourced by searching online for: media articles, LinkedIn profiles, employee/company websites, conference speaker profiles or featured talks on YouTube, etc. In some cases, you may need to approach the nominee directly for more information.
How do I nominate someone for the Alumni Awards?
- Nominations are submitted via the CDU Alumni Awards online nomination form. Please review our nomination guidelines for an overview of the nomination process. Please contact the Alumni Relations Team if you experience any difficulties.
What is the nomination criteria?
- Nominees must demonstrate outstanding achievements in the category for which they are nominated. Nomination criteria help the selection panel make a sound assessment of each nomination so a candidate can be identified. It is important to make sure you address each criterion carefully to demonstrate the nominees' eligibility for the award.
Can I nominate myself?
- Yes, you can nominate yourself, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for the award you plan to enter.
How many nominations can I put forward?
- There is no limit to the number of people you can nominate, however, you can only nominate one person per award category.
Will you accept late nominations?
- No. Unfortunately, late applications cannot be considered, however you might like to submit the nomination the following year.
Can anyone nominate a member of the alumni community for an Alumni Award?
- Absolutely! Anyone can nominate a deserving alumnus/alumna; whether you are a fellow classmate, acquaintance, colleague, friend, family member or a current/former member of the University staff.
I can only find a low-resolution image of the nominee. Will you accept this?
- Shortlisted nominees will be asked to provide a low-resolution image. We would prefer a high-resolution image of all award nominees but will accept a low-resolution copy in the nomination form.
Will the nominee know that I personally nominated them?
- The University reserves the right to disclose the identity of the nominator to the nominee. All shortlisted unsuccessful nominees will be notified of the outcome of their nomination.
When will nominees/nominators be informed of the outcome?
- Nominees (and their respective nominators) will be informed of the result of their application at a date in keeping with the Alumni Awards timeline. Key dates for the current Alumni Awards, including the announcement of finalists, are published online at CDU Alumni Awards Webpage
What does ‘alumni’ mean and whom does it include?
- ‘Alumni’ refers to all domestic and international graduates of any Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 1 - 10 vocational education and training course and/or undergraduate or postgraduate program from Charles Darwin University or its predecessor institutions.
Who sits on the Awards selection panel?
- The selection panel is comprised of senior staff members of the University. Panel members are selected based upon their professional experience to ensure each panel has the relevant expertise for each award category.