Welcome to Charles Darwin University.
This is a good time to familiarise yourself with all the relevant HDR information and on College and University websites.
On or before the first day of your course you should make contact with your Primary Supervisor and the College HDR Administration Officer who will go through the day-to-day administration issues that you need to be aware of.
Please see below the activities that you can do to help you familiarise yourself with your HDR course.
- you will receive key information over email--like this document on tasks to complete in the first week
- Attend the CDU Orientation event https://www.cdu.edu.au/orientation [the website is updated closer to each CDU Orientation schedule]
- the Office of Research and Innovation will invite you to attend an induction workshop
- Read the HDR Information Book
- Plan to attend the Research Enhancement Program workshops
- Familiarise yourself with the CDU Research Ethics and Integrity documents
- Visit the Useful Materials on this webpage especially the sections on induction & literature reviews
- your College or School will also help you meet other relevant people and learn about CDU practices
Current HDR candidatesRead more
Find out more information for our current research candidates
Research Ethics and IntegrityRead more
Charles Darwin University places great value on the knowledge, expertise and integrity of its research students and staff and on their commitment to conduct research with high standards of integrity and ethics.
Training in research, career, and life skillsRead more
Research-based workshops provide skills training for Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students. Find out more about research workshops available for HDR students