Principal Supervisor: Dr Peter Kyne
Course: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Full time; based at CDU Casuarina Campus, Darwin, NT
Scholarship: Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship (Domestic) valued at $29,863 per annum (2023 value; indexed annually) + $5,000 per annum top-up, for a maximum of 3 years from commencement.
The University will also support Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students by providing RTP Scholarship recipients with a University Relocation Allowance. In 2021, this allowance is up to $2,000.
Commencement Date: No later than Monday, 31 July 2023.
The Project: This PhD Project will work across two large collaborative projects to (1) investigate bycatch mitigation measures for sharks and sawfish in gillnet fisheries and (2) assess sawfish movement patterns following release after capture.
About You: The selection of applicants for the award of the RTP Stipend Scholarship involves consideration of your academic merit and research background. The following essential selection criteria apply:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen
- A first-class Honours degree or a Master’s degree containing a substantial research component in a relevant field
- Ability to undertake extensive remote field work
- Strong analytical skills (including experience in R)
- Interested applicants should contact Dr Peter Kyne by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide CV and a 1-page cover letter outlining your (a) research interests and (b) how you meet the above selection criteria
The closing date is 20 June 2023. The preferred applicant will be invited to apply for a PhD enrolment online.