International Chinese language teachers scholarship
For the purpose of satisfying the growing demand of the international community for Chinese language teachers and facilitating Chinese language education in other countries, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) will continue with the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship, hereinafter referred to as "the scholarship".
Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius classrooms, certain HSK test centres, Chinese language (education) departments of foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction of other countries, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, hereinafter collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”, may recommend outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers to study international Chinese language education or related majors in Chinese universities and colleges.
As one of the host institutions of the scholarship recipients, outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers are welcome to apply for the program at Hainan University.
Scholarship types and qualifications in Hainan University
- Scholarship for one-academic-year study
- Scholarship for one-semester study
- Scholarship for four-week study.
All applicants shall be
- non-Chinese citizens
- in good physical and mental condition, with good academic performance and conduct
- committed to Chinese Language education, teaching and related work
- between the ages of 16 and 35 (account on September 1st, 2022). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45.