Student Ambassadors work directly with the CDU Student Recruitment and Events team to contribute to the University community.
They share their knowledge and experience gained from studying at CDU to prospective students and are involved in a variety of activities and events, including:
- high school visits around Darwin, Palmerston and rural areas
- annual corporate events
- media opportunities - photoshoots and interviews
- Open Day, and
- orientation events.
Who can be a Student Ambassador?
Any current student enrolled at CDU who is passionate about their studies can get involved.
We do have some expectations for your commitment to being a student ambassador. CDU expect candidates to:
- have completed one semester of study and maintain grades
- dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per semester
- attend compulsory events such as Discover CDU and Orientation
- attend training and information seminars
- dress appropriately and wear the Student Ambassador uniform to all events
- honour any commitments made with the program.
Why become a Student Ambassador?
CDU's Student Ambassador Program offers you an opportunity to gain important professional skills, including:
- public speaking
You will also receive certificates of appreciation for each event you have contributed to and an invitation to the Student Ambassador End of Year Awards.
When you graduate, you will receive formal recognition of your role as an ambassador on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
Contact the Student Ambassadors team
If you're keen to represent CDU, you can apply by completing the online application form below.
Please note: Applications are open all year round however places are limited. Thank you for your patience.