CDU’s student population has a large proportion of high-attrition-risk students, characterised by learners who are part-time, from one or more target equity groups, mature aged, and/or online. The STARS Plan describes five pillars for retention success:
- Transition for early success, with effective orientation and onboarding for all learners
- Risk Management with early interventions in target courses and cohorts
- Teaching for retention with a focus on assessment design and quality feedback
- Careers focus that links current learning with future goals and industry readiness, and
- Customer service excellence for rapid enquiry management and resolution.