Sometimes you will face challenges that can affect your ability to study. You have worked hard to secure your place at University, so please consider your options and the support that is available to you.
What are the reasons you may be looking to withdraw? Identifying the issues can help you map out a different way forward. Such as:
- family or personal commitments
- financial reasons
- being unwell
- trouble accessing the resources
- struggling with study skills
- lacking motivation
There are range of academic and personal support networks available to help you to tackle these challenges. Get in touch and talk it over before you decide.
- If you're experiencing personal difficulties that are affecting your wellbeing, CDU provides a free and confidential counselling service, in person or over the phone. Book an appointment online.
- Access and Inclusion provide free and confidential assistance if your study is impacted by a disability, health condition or carer responsibilities.
- The Student Advocacy Officer provides another avenue of free, confidential and independent support. The Student Advocacy Officer offers assistance on an individual basis by representing the student in areas that impact on the quality of their student experience.
Careers and Employment offer advice on all matters relating to building your career. Perhaps the course of study you are in doesn’t meet those needs. Have a chat with our Careers Officers to see what alternatives are available to reach your career goals.
- Book an appointment to talk to your Course Coordinator about the delivery of the course and identify where you may need additional support. Ask Student Central who the best contact for your course is.
- Language and Learning Support is a free, confidential service that helps with academic skills development through study skills workshops, peer-assisted study sessions and one on one consultations.
- Librarians are study area specialists. They work with you to find the most relevant resources for your studies in places you may not have even thought to look!
Final checklist of things to consider:
Can you reduce your study load?
Ask CDU can help with many more questions you might have about your enrolment, such as:
- How do I withdraw from a unit?
- Are there any deadlines for withdrawing from a unit?
- When is census date?
Contact our helpful Customer Service Officers at Student Central to have a chat or book an appointment with any one of the support services listed above for free and confidential specialist advice, in person or over the phone.