Skip to main content

student central

Taking a break from study

If you need a break from your studies you can apply for an intermission from your course for six or 12 months.

To be eligible to apply, you must have completed at least one unit of your course.

We encourage you to discuss your situation before you decide to take a break. Email Student Central or Equity Services to get advice on the most appropriate person to talk to.

How to apply for an intermission

Log into your CDU Portal and go eForms to submit an Intermission eForm before the census date for the relevant semester.

If you do not re-enrol, or do not apply for an intermission from your course by the relevant census date, the University considers you lapsed from your course. To continue your studies  you will need to apply through SATAC again.