Access a wide range of resources associated with the use of animals for scientific purposes.
These SOPs (standard operating procedures) have been approved for use by the CDU AEC in submissions to the AEC.
National Codes of Practice and Guidelines
- Australian code for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes (2013)
- Australian code of electrofishing practice (PDF, 146.23 KB)
- Code of practice on the humane treatment of wild and farmed Australian crocodiles
- National code of practice for the humane shooting of kangaroos and wallabies for non-commercial purposes
- Model codes of practice (COPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the humane control of key pest animal species
- Guidelines to promote the wellbeing of animals used for scientific purpose - The assessment and alleviation of pain and distress in research animals
- A guide for the use of remote cameras for wildlife survey in northern Australia
- Guidelines for turtle watching in the Northern Territory
- Guidelines for minimising disease risks associated with captive breeding, raising and restocking programs for Australian frogs
- Australian bird & bat banding scheme - guidelines for banders
- Aquatic animal welfare guidelines - guidelines on welfare of fish and crustaceans in aquaculture and/or in live holding systems for human consumption
- Best practice cattle and land management in Katherine and Top End region
- The Australian animal welfare standards and guidelines for cattle
- A guide to best practice husbandry in beef cattle - branding, castrating and dehorning
- A national guide to describing and managing beef cattle in low body condition (MLA, 2013)
If you are have any queries regarding the CDU Animal Ethics Committee, please contact the Animal Ethics team.
T: 08 8946 6063